Tuesday, June 26, 2012

No Golmaal for Rohit Shetty

Rohit Shetty, one of Bollywood’s most successful directors, has delivered hits like Golmaal Returns, All The Best, Golmaal 3 and Singham in the recent past. But with Bol Bachchan ready for release and Chennai Express with Shahrukh Khan in the pipeline, Shetty says he has no plans on directing the next Golmaal film.
“I have stopped making ‘Golmaal’ now. I don’t know for how long. But for my next three films no ‘Golmaal’ happening.”
He was quick to add though, that it is the Golmaal films that are responsible for his success “Whatever I am today is because of them (Golmaal team) and their faith in me. They stand by me. They come with innovative ideas that changes the whole perception of the film in a big way.”
Ironically, Bol Bachchan is said to be inspired from the original 1979 Gol Maal film directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee.

No comments:

Post a Comment